The Department of student affairs is responsible for being a student support hub and advisor for NTTU administration board in terms of Student support and community services strategies; Education and propagation management; Student civil affairs committee management; Student Counseling; Student management and Administrative support. In addition, our responsibilities also include the following tasks: Management of students’ cultural activities; Artistic and Physical development; Health care services for students and staff at NTTU; Alumni support, and Students’ Club management.
- Student support hub and advisor for NTTU administration board in terms of Student support and community services strategies.
1.1. Participate in establishing goals and plans for developing Student support and community services strategies.
1.2. Responsible for organizing Student support and community services activities for NTTU.
1.3. Become the central hub and cooperate with other related departments and organizations to implement Student support and community services activities.
- Advisor for NTTU administration board in terms of Education and propagation management.
2.1. Organize seminars, webinars, and activities for NTTU’s students about Personal Development, Education, and propagation. Ensure proper political views, morality developments, and healthy lifestyles for NTTU students. Provide essential knowledge about Vietnamese law and regulation, Soft-skills development, Artistic development, and Physical and mental health insurance.
2.2. Organizing introductory courses and student orientation for freshments.
- Student civil affairs committee management; Student Counseling; Student management and Administrative support.
3.1. Student civil affairs committee management. Delegating tasks and information to all class representatives. Supervise, analyze and evaluate their results. Reward and discipline civil affairs committee members annually based on their performance.
3.2. Establish online and offline Student Counseling and supporting channel across all campuses. For Example, information desks, Websites, social platforms, email, and hotlines.
3.3. Ensure the accuracy of student information and documentation. Provide information for educational activities and personal development. Handle student confirmation papers, student loan applications, and other student-related paperwork under the jurisdiction of the Department of Student Affairs.
3.4. Student documentation management.
3.5. Student identification card management.
3.6. Student personal development supervision.
- a) Supervise students’ learning attitude, assess their development process, and provide the final evaluation per semester, year, and course.
- b) Provide certificates and rewards for students’ achievements throughout their academic years.
- c) Provide information and advice about the Student Code of Conduct.
- d) Supervise other departments in carrying out their Student personal development processes.
3.7. Student accommodation.
- a) Cooperate with the student dormitory management center to ensure student accommodation at NTTU.
- b) Carrying out other student accommodation tasks based on Vietnam Law and regulation
3.8. Ensure a suitable learning environment.
- a) Cooperate with other departments and faculties under the management of NTTU administration board to promulgate
NTTU official Student regulations and Student Code of Conduct. Working with other organizations such as the local government and police to ensure public safety around our university, and protect our students against criminal and other dangerous criminal elements.
- b) Supervise the general and political mentality of our students. Take action whenever there are inappropriate behaviors. Cooperate with other organizations from Vietnam’s government to guide our students down the right path and protect them against corrupted influence from criminals.
Finally, working alongside the police to handle students who broke Vietnam laws and regulations.
3.9. Ensure students benefit
- a) Inform our students about Vietnam’s policy and regulations surrounding students’ benefits and student supports
- b) Handling scholarships, and fee waivers for our students.
- c) Take part in promulgating new policies and regulations about students’ scholarships, and fee waivers with an advisory role.
- Management of students’ cultural activities; Artistic and Physical development
4.1. Organize cultural activities; Artistic and Physical events, and seminars for our students.
4.2. cooperate with NTTU youth union to help establish student clubs to benefit the process of personal development for our students.
4.3. Organize specialized courses for the elite student or groups of students in order to improve their knowledge and skills for national competitions.
- Health care services for students and staff at NTTU
5.1. Ensure medical services are available for all NTTU campuses. Establish the emergency response team for each campus to assist both students and staff with illness and accidents.
5.2. Handle healthcare insurance and accident insurance for our students.
5.3. Organize mental and physical healthcare seminars, webinars, and survival skills training for our students.
5.4. Provide our students with the last information about healthcare, environmental conservation, social issue related to their generation, and so on.
5.5. Help establish a specialized team of therapists to provide our students with psychological consultation during their education at our University.
- Supervise tasks relate to Student Consultation, Alumni support, and Students’ Club management.
6.1. Supervise tasks relate to Student Consultation
- a) Supervise a team of Student Counselors for all classes based on the yearly nominations from the faculties. Provide them with instruction, guidance, information, and evaluation for their task and report to NTTU administration board monthly.
- b) Collect and analyze the report and feedback from the Student Counselors for their class and summarize them for the administration board to evaluate and give further instruction.
- c) Organize events to reward Student Counselors who complete their tasks every semester and at the end of the year.
6.2. Supervise tasks relate to Alumni support.
- a) Have representatives in the official alumni club, especially in the communication team. Cooperate with the faculties to organize alumni events.
- b) Collect and analyze the report and feedback from the alumni club members and summarize them for the administration board to evaluate and give further instruction.
- c) Organize meetup events between the alumni and the current students for them to exchange valuable experiences annually.
6.3. Supervise tasks relate to Students’ Club management.
- a) Cooperate with the faculties and management team of each club to organize events, activities, and competitions related to the theme of the club for our students to participate in.
- b) Collect and analyze the report and feedback from the management team of clubs and the faculties and summarize them for the administration board to evaluate and give further instruction.
- c) Organize meetup events, yearly parties, and award ceremonies for all of the active clubs within our university.
7. Carry out all of the tasks under the direct command of NTTU administration board.